Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Am That Billboard

When I started marketing nearly 15 years ago I was so wet behind the ears that I really did not know which end was up. I got so excited about making money that I would do anything I could to get ahead. Lo and behold, I failed many times over never quite reaching my intended goal of being finanacially free. But amidst all my failures,I was determined to change that.

I had to figure out what I was doing wrong. I started doing some research on the subject of sales and Marketing.I read lots of books and listen to a lot of tapes.I consulted with countless people who were promoting MLM businesses. I did almost everthing I was advised to do to be successful. But it never really dawn on me until I happened upon a quote rather a rule of marleting which was "SELL YOURSELF".




A great marketer is one who sells himself not the offer. When you gain a persons trust and confidence then not only have you made a new friend you actually create a residual customer. You are probably wondering,then how do I sell myself? Simple answer Be Yourself. Sounds too good to be true right.

A lot of people do not realize that we market ourselves everyday since the day we were born. We are our own AD. If you take a few minutes right now and analyze how you got where you are now you will be amazed at how many times you actually sold yourself.We advertise ourselves everyday and we do not realize we are actually doing it.
Take for example your job, you got that job by marketing yourself. You had to have made an impression on your boss that landed you the job. You create an image of yourself each day letting people know you like them or not creating friends or enemies. You subconciusly advertise yourself to the world and it is that image you put on your billboard that sells you.

Now that you know you are adverting yourself already the trick is taking your subconcious actions and applying it
to your current business and improve on it so that you can increase your marketing potential further. Understanding the "sell yourself" rule can only double your business financial growth.






>

No comments: